Pumpkin Pie Recipe
Every good pie starts with a good crust. Let’s start by making a delicious buttery pie crust.
- ¾ cup cold butter
- ½ cup of ice water
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 ½ cups flour
- Add your flour and salt to a large mixing bowl
- Dice the butter and add to flour mixture
- Take a pastry cutter and cut the butter into the flour until you have coarse crumbles
- Gradually add in your ice water until you can form a ball of dough
- Wrap in plastic wrap and chill in the fridge for 4 hours or overnight
Pumpkin Pie Filling
After you have chilled your pie crust dough a while, you can start to assemble your pumpkin pie filling. For your filling, you will need just a few ingredients.
- 1 15 oz. can pumpkin
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 tsp. Cinnamon
- ½ tsp. Salt
- ½ tsp. Ginger
- ½ tsp. Nutmeg
- 2 eggs
- 12 fl. Oz. Evaporated Milk
- Add in your sugar and spice mixture and mix well
- Wisk two eggs in a large mixing bowl
- Next, add in your pumpkin
- Once your ingredients are mixed well slowly add in your evaporated milk and give it a good stir
Time to assemble your pie!
- Flour your work surface and rolling pin
- Start rolling out that dough
- Take a small piece of the dough and set it aside for a special pie decoration a bit later
- Time for your filling!
- Place your pie in a preheated oven at 425 degrees for 15 minutes and then decrease your oven temperature to 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes
- Once you have your dough all rolled out, use your pie plate to measure the amount of dough you will need
- A turkey cutout will make the perfect topper for our pie!
- Place your dough cutout on a baking sheet and bake with along with the pie for 10-15 minutes then remove from the oven.
- Lay your dough inside your pie plate and make a nice ribboned edge
- Your dough may be a bit of a stinker but be patient and remember it will taste delicious no matter what
- Once your pie is baked, add your turkey cutout to the top and enjoy!
Watch Amanda’s Pumpkin Pie Be Made
Related Posts You Might Like
Fresh eggs cooked in a pressure cooker peel easily. If you have an Instant Pot or similar pressure cooker, learn this method for cooking hard-boiled eggs.
The Instant Pot pressure cooker is a widely popular kitchen appliance that makes cooking seem more complicated than it really is. We came up with this Hot Wings chicken recipe for our Super Bowl party. We hope you’ll enjoy it too.
Basically, Egg Drop Soup is a rich herbed chicken broth with ribbons of whipped eggs and a simple garnish with some fresh chives. It’s a simple, humble dish that has tons of warmth and flavor. The best thing about this soup is how easy it is to make.