Pumpkin Pie Recipe
Pumpkin pie! One of the staples for any Thanksgiving dessert table. Amanda shares her family’s favorite pumpkin pie recipe, and we hope it will become one of your family’s favorites too!
Every good pie starts with a good crust. Let’s start by making a delicious buttery pie crust.
- ¾ cup cold butter
- ½ cup of ice water
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 ½ cups flour
- Take a pastry cutter and cut the butter into the flour until you have coarse crumbles
- Gradually add in your ice water until you can form a ball of dough
Pumpkin Pie Filling
After you have chilled your pie crust dough a while, you can start to assemble your pumpkin pie filling. For your filling, you will need just a few ingredients.
- 1 15 oz. can pumpkin
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 tsp. Cinnamon
- ½ tsp. Salt
- ½ tsp. Ginger
- ½ tsp. Nutmeg
- 2 eggs
- 12 fl. Oz. Evaporated Milk
- Add in your sugar and spice mixture and mix well
- Wisk two eggs in a large mixing bowl
- Next, add in your pumpkin
- Once your ingredients are mixed well slowly add in your evaporated milk and give it a good stir
Time to assemble your pie!
- Flour your work surface and rolling pin
- Start rolling out that dough
- Take a small piece of the dough and set it aside for a special pie decoration a bit later
- Time for your filling!
- Place your pie in a preheated oven at 425 degrees for 15 minutes and then decrease your oven temperature to 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes
- Once you have your dough all rolled out, use your pie plate to measure the amount of dough you will need
- A turkey cutout will make the perfect topper for our pie!
- Place your dough cutout on a baking sheet and bake with along with the pie for 10-15 minutes then remove from the oven.
Watch Amanda’s Pumpkin Pie Be Made
Related Posts You Might Like
How to Cook Old Birds For Flavor and Texture
Cooking old birds after their egg laying life is over is a money-saving option. Old birds take some care to cook into an enjoyable meal. Meyer Hatchery helps you with how.
Make Your Own Homemade Eggnog
Make Your Own Homemade Eggnog*As an Amazon Affiliate, Meyer Hatchery may earn from qualifying purchases made through links posted on this site. We celebrate Nation Eggnog Day with a recipe. Those of us with laying hens know that using our flock’s farm-fresh eggs for...
How To Water Glass Eggs
Long-term egg storage without refrigeration is possible using the water glass method. Read about water glassing eggs safely and properly.