Pre-Order Lisa’s Newest Book, DIY Chicken Keeping, Releasing in February!
Founder of Fresh Eggs Daily
Meyer Hatchery is a proud partner of Lisa Steele, a fifth-generation chicken owner and well-known founder of Fresh Eggs Daily. Lisa’s blog, books, and
Spot this icon in our 2020 Catalog to find Lisa’s Favorites!
Lisa’s Meyer Hatchery Chick Picks
Lisa Steele’s favorite chicks from Meyer Hatchery are all very hardy breeds, consisting of blue and black colors and lay a great variety of eggs.
Favorite Meyer Hatchery Products
From Lisa’s Home To Yours!
Coop Plans From
Fresh Eggs Daily
PDF plan downloads from Fresh Eggs Daily include:
- Detailed Step-by-Step Instructions including full-color progress photographs
- Complete Illustrated Cutting Diagrams
- Materials List/Cost Estimate
- Full-color photographs of the finished house from various angles
Begin building your new coop today!
DIY Chicken Keeping From
Fresh Eggs Daily
40+ Projects For the Coop, Run, Brooder and More!
Pre-Order today for an INSTANT, DOWNLOADABLE PDF
with some of Lisa’s favorite projects. This EXCLUSIVE content is only
available for those that pre-order today!
Build a better life for your chickens! Join Lisa Steele, chicken keeper extraordinaire and founder of Fresh Eggs Daily, to learn how to build just about everything you might need for your coop, run, or farmhouse kitchen. Whether you’re a DIY novice looking for an easy win or a more experienced builder looking for chicken-specific projects, you’ve come to the right place!
The chapters are packed with a variety of ideas, covering every skill level:
- The Basics: Lisa will tell you what tools you absolutely need, the ins and outs of pallets, and a few special skills, like how to transfer lettered designs to wood.
- Quick and Easy Projects: Get started with projects that take minutes or hours, not days! From a decorative cutting board coop sign and paned window coop mirror to more functional projects like a clothespin herb drying rack and dropping board, you’re sure to find the right starter project.
- Handy Projects: Ready to take on a slightly more challenging build? Try the removable coop ladder roost, boot tree stand, feed dolly, chick-sized jungle gym, or chicken-proof herb garden.
- Pallet Projects: What’s better than DIY projects? DIY projects made from free wood! Use pallets in all forms (whole, partial, and boards) for the projects in this chapter. Make a coop tool holder, chick roosting bar, swinging bench, feeding station, coop shutters, compost bin, and so much more.
- Weekend Projects: More time doesn’t necessarily mean frustrating or too difficult. The ambitious, yet easy-to-follow, projects in this chapter include a sliding barn coop door, a-frame integration pen, and a roadside egg stand.
No matter what you need for the coop—or what your chickens might want you to build first!—you’re sure to have fun as you create a coop and run that’s the envy of your neighbor’s flock.
Welcome To My Farm Episodes
Episode 1: Pilot