Make A Chicken Themed Egg Ornament
Tis’ the season to add a new ornament to your tree. We’ve shared 3 fun ornaments a few years back, and this year we are back with another fun chick themed ornament to make using an egg!
- Small Chick & Tree
- Glue Gun
- Mod Podge
- Paint and Paint Brushes
- Pin (or another item to puncture egg)
Steps For Creating Your Chicken Themed Egg Ornament:
- Puncture your egg and blow out the insides.
- Take a pair of scissors and puncture the front of the egg to start opening.
- Proceed to cut the oval opening with scissors.
- Paint the inside of the egg with the color of your choice.
- Paint the outside of the egg with Mod Podge.
- Roll the egg in the glitter color of choice, until the egg is fully covered in glitter.
- Place string through the hole on the top of the egg and tie knot to secure.
- Add “snow”, mini tree, and chick with a glue gun.
- Hang on your tree and enjoy!
We would love to see the chicken themed egg ornaments you create from our DIY ornament tutorials. Be sure to tag us on our social media pages using #mhornaments!
*As an Amazon Associate, Meyer Hatchery may earn from qualifying purchases made through links posted on this site.
Related Posts You Might Like
Meyer Makes: A Chicken SaddleOn this episode of Meyer Makes, Jess shows us how to sew a chicken saddle. Sometimes a rooster with a “favorite” hen may cause damage to her feathers and back. Putting a saddle (also known as a chicken apron) on your hen can protect them...
Now is the time of year to make some fun ornaments to not only display on your favorite tree, but share with your friends, and family as a great present. Learn how to make 3 “chicken” themed ornaments with simple supplies.
Fall is here! It is time for your flock to do their fall molt. What to do with all those feathers? Follow our instructions below to make a beautiful Fall Molt Feather Wreath of your own!