Turkey is the staple and highlight of Thanksgiving. Whether you grow out and finish your own turkey from Meyer Hatchery or purchase one from the grocery store, we want to provide you with delicious recipes that are sure to savor any flavor. Sarah shares how she prepares her family’s turkey using a turkey cooking bag. Her herb roasted turkey will be a sure winner for your Thanksgiving Table.
Herbed Roasted Turkey in a Turkey Bag
- 1 Oven Cooking Bag
- 1 tbsp Flour
- 1 Turkey Thawed
- 2 Carrots Peeled and rinsed
- 2 Stalks Celery Cut in half
- Garlic Cloves To taste, peeled
- 1 Medium Onion Peeled & cut in half
- 2 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 1 tsp Dried Thyme
- 1 tsp Dried Rosemary
- 1 tsp Seasoned Salt
- 1 tbsp Dried Rubbed Sage
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Ground Black Pepper
- Shake the tablespoon of flour in the Oven Cooking Bag and place the bag in a large roasting pan. Remove giblets, rinse and dry turkey. Brush turkey with the vegetable oil, combine herbs and sprinkle all over turkey. Add the vegetables and cloves of garlic inside the bird cavity. Place turkey inside the oven cooking bag. Close oven bag with nylon tie. Then cut 6 (1/2-inch) slits in top of the cooking bag. Tuck ends of bag in pan.
- Bake turkey per directions on the cooking instructions card that came with your oven bag. Remove turkey from oven after designated cooking time, allow to rest for 20 mins, slice and enjoy!
See this recipe in action, along with 2 other fantastic turkey recipes!