Make a Chicken Themed Cake
Making the Shape of Your Chicken Cake
- Bake your cakes according to your favorite cake recipe and allow them to cool before frosting so the frosting won’t melt.
- Using a dab of frosting as your base to help “stick” your cake in place, put the square cake on a serving platter. This will form the body of the chick inside of the shell.
- Cut the round cake in half and place it at the top of the square with another dab of frosting underneath. This will form the head of the chick.
- Cut the bottom corners off the square to round off the shell shape and move these slices up to the top corners of the square cake as the wings using more frosting for your “glue”.
Decorating Your Chicken Cake
Now it’s time to frost your cake! You can use any frosting you like for this. The first coat will be your “crumb coat” to seal in the cake itself and make your final coat of frosting and details look even better.
- Using a knife, cut slices into the cake to mark out your lines of where the shell will be and where you will use your yellow frosting to make the chick popping out of the shell. You can also use your knife to mark out the beak and a round cookie cutter to mark the eyes.
- Use your white frosting to fill in the shell part of the lower portion of the cake.
- Use a piping bag with a decorative star tip to add your yellow frosting to the chick part of the cake to give the appearance of fluffy chick feathers!
- Use another piping back to fill in the holes for the eyes with black icing, and another to fill in the hole for the beak with orange icing.
- Finish decorating your cake by piping green frosting with a grass tip around the base of the eggshell. You can also add flowers or hard candies for even more detail.
The last step is to eat and enjoy your adorable chicken cake! If you make this cake, please send us photos!
As an Amazon Associate, Meyer Hatchery may earn from qualifying purchases made through links posted on this site
Related Posts You Might Like
Outlined below is a 12 step course of action to successfully recover from a chicken addiction.
Admit you are powerless over chickens and chicken related items.
Believe that only a power greater than ourselves could keep us from buying more chickens.
Our very own, Social Media Guru, Sarah, is here to tell us about how to keep multiple roosters in a flock! Come see how she does it!
Still have a ton of eggs coming in and nothing to do with them? We came up with a few recipes that would be a hit at the next graduation party or family outing that you attend!