Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1.5 pounds of chicken breast, cubed.
- 3 medium potatoes, cubed
- 1 small onion, chopped up small (that way the kids will still eat it!)
- How ever many carrots you like, cut up
- 1 tsp fresh garlic
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 1 tsp poultry seasoning
- ½ tsp thyme
- 16 oz egg noodles (pantry style, not frozen)
- 6 cups of chicken stock
- 1 tbsp tapioca starch (you can substitute cornstarch)
- Turn Instant Pot on saute, melt the butter.
- While melting, chop up the chicken, potatoes, onions (and other hard veggies you may want, like carrots)
- Add in the chopped up chicken and all seasonings to the Instant Pot. Cook until chicken is white on the outside.
- Turn off Instant Pot, add veggies. Top with egg noodles (do not stir) and add chicken stock.
- Turn Instant Pot on pressure cook (or manual) and set for 8 minutes.
- When done, natural release for 5 minutes, then quick release any remaining steam.
- Dip out about a ½ cup of broth, mix in the starch, then add back in. Saute and stir until broth thickens.
Related Posts You Might Like
Attention all chicken enthusiasts! Do you enjoy reading or learning about chickens? If so please be sure to check out what I call my top 10 chicken reads! I have selected a wide variety of books that cover anything and everything chicken related from identification, health, handling, and raising, showing and even cooking.
Renee writes her first Meyer Hatchery Blog and talks about how she began with her backyard chickens. It’s not what you would expect!
The Delaware chicken breed has a rich history that begins in the early 1940’s in Ocean View, Delaware. Learn more about the Delaware here!