Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe
*As an Amazon Affiliate, Meyer Hatchery may earn from qualifying purchases made through links posted on this site.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1.5 pounds of chicken breast, cubed.
- 3 medium potatoes, cubed
- 1 small onion, chopped up small (that way the kids will still eat it!)
- How ever many carrots you like, cut up
- 1 tsp fresh garlic
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 1 tsp poultry seasoning
- ½ tsp thyme
- 16 oz egg noodles (pantry style, not frozen)
- 6 cups of chicken stock
- 1 tbsp tapioca starch (you can substitute cornstarch)
- Turn Instant Pot on saute, melt the butter.
- While melting, chop up the chicken, potatoes, onions (and other hard veggies you may want, like carrots)
- Add in the chopped up chicken and all seasonings to the Instant Pot. Cook until chicken is white on the outside.
- Turn off Instant Pot, add veggies. Top with egg noodles (do not stir) and add chicken stock.
- Turn Instant Pot on pressure cook (or manual) and set for 8 minutes.
- When done, natural release for 5 minutes, then quick release any remaining steam.
- Dip out about a ½ cup of broth, mix in the starch, then add back in. Saute and stir until broth thickens.
Related Posts You Might Like
The Cochin chicken breed originates from Japan. Cochins are calm, like to brood chicks and are cold tolerant for northern US winters.
The Blue Andalusian chicken is a hardy, active breed that are reliable layers of white eggs, so they are a favorite for free-range flocks.
Winter means snow covered ground in many northern states. Learn how to grow sprouts for your chickens in winter to supplement their diet.