Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1.5 pounds of chicken breast, cubed.
- 3 medium potatoes, cubed
- 1 small onion, chopped up small (that way the kids will still eat it!)
- How ever many carrots you like, cut up
- 1 tsp fresh garlic
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 1 tsp poultry seasoning
- ½ tsp thyme
- 16 oz egg noodles (pantry style, not frozen)
- 6 cups of chicken stock
- 1 tbsp tapioca starch (you can substitute cornstarch)
- Turn Instant Pot on saute, melt the butter.
- While melting, chop up the chicken, potatoes, onions (and other hard veggies you may want, like carrots)
- Add in the chopped up chicken and all seasonings to the Instant Pot. Cook until chicken is white on the outside.
- Turn off Instant Pot, add veggies. Top with egg noodles (do not stir) and add chicken stock.
- Turn Instant Pot on pressure cook (or manual) and set for 8 minutes.
- When done, natural release for 5 minutes, then quick release any remaining steam.
- Dip out about a ½ cup of broth, mix in the starch, then add back in. Saute and stir until broth thickens.
Related Posts You Might Like
Are your chickens molting? Learn about molting and ways to help your chickens get through it and regrow their feathers.
Broody hens, one of those exciting yet also frustrating aspects of chicken keeping. Learn what to do if one of your hens decides to go broody.
Egg eating is a bad habit that sometimes happens in a flock. We have some helpful tips on how to deal with a hen that develops an egg eating habit.