Meet the Meyer Hatchery Shipping Superheros
The Meyer Hatchery shipping department is one amazing place! It’s filled with several shipping superheroes that are dedicated to ensuring your birds and merchandise is delivered as safely and as quickly as possible. Filling the role as Wonder Woman, the beautiful Barb B. leads the shipping department team as Shipping Manager. Much like Batman had Robin, Wonder Woman Barb has an amazing sidekick, Missy T. Barb and Missy have a team of approximately 10-20 with many superpowers.
The Meyer Hatchery’s shipping department’s roles not only consist of packing up boxes and shipping them to their destination. Some of the responsibilities of this department include:
- Building shipping boxes
- Packing chick orders
- Packing started pullet orders
- Packing supply orders
- Creating shipping labels
- Packing hatching egg orders
- Setting eggs
- Transferring eggs
- Scheduling maintenance for all of the Meyer Hatchery vehicles and trailers
- Handling all of the restocking of the breeder barns
I had the honor of spending a little time in this powerful and exciting department and was able to ask these shipping superheroes some questions. I loved getting to know the heroes behind the masks:
- What is your role at Meyer Hatchery? Shipping Manager
- What are three words to describe Meyer Hatchery? Interesting, Fun and Busy
- Do you have an office nickname? A lot of people call me “Mom” around here.
- Do you have a favorite quote? ” None of us is as good as ALL of us”
- If you had to eat one meal for the rest of your life what would it be? Eggs. I love muffin tin eggs because you can make them so many different ways.
- What aspect of your role do you enjoy most? I love training new team members
- If you could be any Superhero what would you be and why? Mrs. Incredible
- Favorite chicken breed? Blue Laced Red Wyandotte
- What is your role at Meyer Hatchery? Everything! I pack orders everyday, pack chick orders, set eggs, build boxes, clean, and shipping
- What are three words to describe Meyer Hatchery? Variation, Friendly Staff, Exciting
- What aspect of your role do you enjoy most? All of it! I love getting to touch all the birds.
- If you could be any Superhero what would you be and why? Superwoman so I can be stronger.
- What is your favorite breed of chicken and why? Polish, I love the head feathers.
A few more Shipping Superheroes…
- What three words would you use to describe Meyer Hatchery? Interesting, Volume (large operation) and Diverse
- If you could have any superpower, what would it be? I would want to be a transformer.
- How long have you been a shipping Superhero for Meyer Hatchery? 9 years
- What is your favorite Chicken/Poultry breed? heritage turkeys
Rick sets eggs into the trays that will then go into the incubator for hatching[/caption]
- What three words would you use to describe Meyer Hatchery? Great place to work, awesome boss, friendly people.
- If you could be any Superhero who would you be? The Hulk because he is big and strong and nobody can beat him.
- How long have you been a Meyer Hatchery Superhero? 1 year.
- What is your favorite Chicken/Poultry Breed? Easter Eggers
- What three words would you use to describe Meyer Hatchery? Overwhelming, interesting and friendly.
- If you could be any Superhero who would you be? I would want to be Thor because he is big and strong and has a lot of hair.
- How long have you been a Meyer Hatchery shipping superhero? 3 Days!
- What is your favorite Chicken/Poultry Breed? Cornish cross
So the next time you recieve or pickup an order from Meyer Hatchery you now know they were packed by an amazing crew of Meyer Hatchery Shipping Superheroes!
Related Posts You Might Like
Is it more cost effective to raise day old chicks or buy started pullets ready to lay eggs? Read about the pros of each option.
Read about what the busy season for chick hatching looks like. We have daily tasks to do that keeps Meyer Hatchery running like clockwork.
Your hens may lay small eggs for several reasons. Read about a few common causes and what you can do about small eggs from your hens.