Make A Chicken Wreath For Your Home
*As an Amazon Affiliate, Meyer Hatchery may earn from qualifying purchases made through links posted on this site.
The holidays are here and it is time for creating gifts for your friends, and family. Learn how to make this easy chicken wreath from pine tree branches, and items you probably have around your house.
- Wire clothes hanger
- floral wire (24 gauge)
- floral wire (16 gauge)
- fresh pine branches
- floral tape
- red and orange felt pieces
- gloves (optional)
- wire cutters
- pruning shears
How To Make A Chicken Wreath:
- After you gather your supplies, take your wire hanger and form the hanger in the shape of a chicken. You may find out that when you form the “head” you might run out of wire. Use a piece of 16 gauge wire to finish making the beak and head.
- When your form is complete, cover the entire form with floral tape.
- Next, using your pine pieces and 24 gauge wire, fill in your wreath by securing the pine pieces to your form. Make sure to wrap the end of each of your pine pieces with the wire starting at the head of your “chicken” and working your way back to the tail. Add your pieces in a way that they look like chicken feathers, laying on top of each other.
- After you are finished filling in your pieces, it’s time decorate your wreath. Add a ribbon around the neck, a red comb and beak. You can also add a hanger for your wreath at this time, and any other decorations to make your wreath even more special.
Related Posts You Might Like
Homemade Egg Soap How-To
Meyer Hatchery has a creative way to use eggs – make your own homemade egg soap. Read our blog for the recipe and directions to make lye soap.
Festive Fall Treats for Your Chickens
Visit the Meyer Hatchery blog to create festive fall treats for your flock. Learn how to make these easy, healthy treats for your chickens.
Chicken Pumpkin Carving
Let your chickens carve a pumpkin for you! Chickens love to tear into pumpkins and it’s a healthy treat for them. Plus, it’s entertaining!