As a mother and grandmother Terri has told many a child “Don’t play with your food!” but, in today’s post she’s encouraging just the opposite. Terri is our in-house creative guru who was kind enough to share this adorable idea; Perfect for upcoming summer picnics. All you need is your favorite Deviled Egg recipe, green [...]
In 1985, Karen Meyer, owner of Meyer Hatchery decided to set out on a new business endeavor, out of which Meyer Hatchery was born. It all started when Meyer attended a chick seminar at the local hardware store. While at the class, she met another feather fancier who had been running a hatchery for quite some time with her husband. They were both ready to get out of the industry so Meyer took over some of the breeding stock. With only a few used incubators, she was up and running, offering just four varieties of chickens to whoever was interested. Word of mouth and a passion for hatching escalated the hobby into a thriving business. Meyer quickly outgrew the garage that doubled as the hatchery so in 1999 Meyer and her husband built a brand new facility with state-of-the-art equipment to further dedicate herself to hatching. In addition she hired a few employees and offered a wider variety of poultry to suit her customer’s needs. With a team behind her, Meyer put the hatchery on the map. Read the rest of our story HERE.
Hits From The Blog
Being a chicken keeper, I know that security is a top priority with so many predators just lying in wait for any opportunity to feast on my flock. There is a whole list of nasty critters who would love the opportunity like opossum, raccoons, skunks, hawks and coyote just to name a few. Since [...]
- Why not play with your food?
- Broiler Blog Along: Intruder Alert!
- Broiler Blog Along: Ohhh Mother Nature!
- Broiler Blog Along: Plan B, C and an Outhouse
- Broiler Blog Along: Chicks are Coming Home
- Valentine Treat for Your Flock
- Calendar Included with Purchase
- Guide to Ordering Chicks
- Squat Watch: Signs of First Egg
- Chick Feeder Candy Dish
- Fun with Feathers: Feather Garland for Your Tree
- Deck the Halls: DIY Feather Tree
- Fido and Your Flock: Can they get along?
- Know Your Nuisance: Preparing for Predators
- Halloween Treat for Your Flock
- Who’s who? Ameraucana, Araucana and Easter Egger
- 2013 Catalog Cover Photo Contest Winner
- Blue Laced Bad Wyandotte
- Sneak a Peek
- Homemade Chicken Treats